Take a closer look...

January 16, 2011

The Opening Act

Looking at the world, through my eyes, in my own perception....I see My World, the way I want it to be!

Heya everyone!!
 After contemplating for quite a while on whether I should or shouldn’t start a Blog, I finally decided to go for it with a lot of inspiration and little persuasion. 
Inspiration- from the awesomely mind-blowing writers I know of. (Truly brilliant, I'd say) 
Persuasion- from the few people who think I have got the "talent" to write, also, doing which I can make a better use of my time and start making sense, after all.

So, here Iam....with my "introduction post”, in an absolutely clueless state as to what I write in this one could oblige my ‘first-time readers’ to revisit.

Well, let me start by explaining why I chose this particular title for my Blog. I cannot possibly say that it flew into my mind all of a sudden when I was idly busy wasting my time. But, I sure can say that it was something that struck me in the middle of attending a lecture. Now, I will not bore you by giving the details of the lecture, whatsoever. Later, when I thought about it, the title made so much sense to me.

Reality is created by our perception. What we believe, we will perceive. The way we choose to perceive things in our life, is kind of what we will receive in our life. Like it is said, when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at, change too.
Iam a HUGE Harry Potter fan and hence, here is a great quote by my most favourite author that goes like this - "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities".
This quote is a great foundation for what you will discover in this article.


It is our choice how we choose to see and perceive things. We always get to choose how we see a person, place or a situation. Our perception determines our experience.
When you change the way you look at people, places or circumstances in your life, they will change. You have the power to choose to see through the eyes of anger and fear, or through the eyes of compassion and love.


We have seen it many times where two childhood friends, who are close to the same age, both grow up in a similar environment. Each will grow up to be completely different, one may grow up to have a very troubled life and the other will end up having a very happy and successful life. Both the friends, in this situation, experienced very different outcomes, because they made different choices of their perception. It is our perception that creates our reality.
Our perception creates our reality, not only with people, but also with how you perceive situations and circumstances. It is always up to you, in any situation, how you choose to perceive the situation or circumstance. The same goes for places or other things like movies. Your perception of any particular place or movie will become the reality of that for you. For example, you can take two people for a movie and have them sit right next to each other, or at a place, looking at the same things and they may have completely different experiences from that one movie or at that same exact place. They have different experiences because they are each choosing to have different perceptions.


The most important thing to realize is that our perception is always a choice. We can stop at any moment and choose to have a different view of things. You have the power to create your reality to be whatever you choose, by choosing the way you perceive your reality.
Thus when a person of situation gets you hard, just pause for a bit and chose to change your perception and see what you want to see. Iam sure that will atleast help handle it.


Good Luck choosing your reality! ;)

6 comments:

Insidious said...

Honored, I am, to be the first one to comment on your blog. Let me start off by offering a hearty greeting into the blogging world.

I loved the way you put reality into perception. Very true, that the games we play inside our own minds often tip you over to either side from the wall of difference. The best person can make the best from the worst of things. It therefore goes without saying that the worst people can make the worst of the best of things.

There is a point of contradiction though, when we see people, who try hard, keep falling, get up and try again. Only, they fall each and every time. I suppose, there is a certain bit that destiny plays in each one's life as well - a very small piece in a large cake of perceptions.

I loved your writing, and I hope to see more of it soon. Good luck. :)

VM Menon said...

Thank you Carlisle.:)
Hoping to make more sense with each post.
The point of contradiction is true. There is always the magic of destiny that governs everyones lives and determines the path of life. But the ultimate task of choosing what we want still remains with us. Trying hard is also, by nature, a choice. So, lets just choose and leave the rest to destiny, to play with. What say?

Varuna Punjabi said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.......
very nicely witten and so very true!!!!
gr8 job!!! keepp it up!

VM Menon said...

Aww..Thank u my dear Varu :)

zippy said...

'What we believe, we will perceive'.
What a line!
I'm lovin it <3
Anyone's way of livin depends on the way they think becuz thoughts become words;
words become action;
and these actions become our character!

VM Menon said...

@Meens: Very true! So, we determine on what we wish to see, perceive and make out of our life!